Friday, October 29, 2010

Matt, Kristen, Riley, & Kate

Well I am going to try and catch you all up on my little group. We are all crazy busy as I am sure you are as well. This past summer was fantastic. As Kristen wrote last time we were preparing to head back east for Riley's Lacrosse Tournaments. He made an FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) SoCal Team as it turns out he made the Regional Adidas National Team. He was the only freshman (going to be a sophomore) player on both of these teams. Thank you for allowing me to brag a bit. He had a wonderful time and got more than his share of playing time with the Seniors and Juniors. It was a great trip and a super resume builder for him. He is now an "Adidas High School Elite All American". I'm not sure what that means but it sounds cool. He is now finishing up his Sophomore football season on the JV team and is starting and playing left offensive guard and left defensive end. Currently they are undefeated in league. Once that is complete we start up lacrosse activities and will have some college recruiting tournaments he is scheduled to play in.

Kate has been a trooper through all this traveling and lacrosse. This past summer while we were at these tournaments Kate, Kristen and I got a chance to do some great touring. We saw Gettysburg, DC, the museums, constitution, bill of rights, Declaration of Independence, etc. Amazing stuff. When we got back Kate start her dance practices for the Nutcracker. She is on point shoes now and is, in my opinion, a beautiful dancer. I am excited for her performance in December. The summer ended with our annual trip to Whidbey. It was another great two weeks of crabbing and clamming.

Both kids are doing great in school and maintaining there wonderful grades. Kristen and I are impressed with how they both stay up on school work, sports/dance, and the social demands of their friends. As for Kristen and I we are enjoying the kids and all their activities. Kristen continues to be the taxi driver (we are trying to push Riley to get his drivers permit), play tennis and she is currently completing some upgrades in the house. For me it is work, football games and then more work. Business activity is marching along nicely however people are taking much longer to make decisions during these uncertain times.

We hope and trust that all of you are doing great and we are sorry to have missed the reunion but we certainly enjoyed some of the photos. This photo is after the last game during the Adidas National Tournament in Maryland.



No comments: