Friday, October 29, 2010

Danielle Granaroli

Hi all,
Time for another update. I hope this finds everyone doing well. I'm officially on the continent now. I made it here in the early hours of the morning yesterday after a long serious of trains starting in Oxford. Oh I probably forgot to tell you that I went to Oxford. Two women who I had my class with at Schumacher invited me to stay with them for a few days after the course so I headed out with them last Saturday morning and stayed until Wednesday afternoon. Oxford was a beautiful little city and I really enjoyed the people I stayed with. I was a little sad to leave but the idea of going to me my good friend Lauren in Berlin made up for it. So here I am, the city is humongous but pretty easy to get around. I bought myself a coat at a second hand store in Oxford before leaving and it was one of the smartest purchases I've ever made because Berlin is COLD. I'm not so sure I'll be picking up much German while I'm here because it's a tough language but I'm sure I'll get a few phrases at least and a good number of people speak English so I can still get around just fine. Lauren doesn't work on the weekends so we are going to go exploring this weekend and maybe I'll pick up a few phrases. Today I took a walk around Museum island but all the museums were pretty expensive and since I only had about 2 hours before I wanted to head off to the Turkish market I thought I'd save it for another day. The Turkish market is a big outdoor market with produce and things from all over, I had a lot of fun just walking up and down the stalls looking at all the goodies as well as listening to some street performers play music. Well that is about it for now. I hope everyone is well and keep me updated on what's going on there.
Lots of love,
D

No comments: