Sunday, October 12, 2008

Delbe & Mic

My Place in the Solari Family Tree (Delbe):

Delbe' Donald is the youngest son of Emmanuel and Lucille. Named after Emmanuel Delbe' and Donald Edwards Bailard (Uncle Dude.) Born in Santa Barbara and raised on The Ranch. Attended Cal for a short time before joining the Air Force. After basic and tech training, I was sent to the organization, AFTAC, where I served 22 years. After retirement, the slot I'd filled was converted to Civil Service where I am today. Stationed in Korea, just as the shooting was ending, Douglas WY. Ladd AFT, Alaska, Alexandria, VA, and unaccompanied to the Philippines before finishing up in Alexandria. AFTAC relocated to Patrick AFB, FL, and we moved down 32 years ago.

My Greatest Joys:

family and sharing cold Tanqueray's (with olives) with long-time friend, Bill Alexander.

Goals:

No goals to speak of. Maybe to continue working as long as possible.

Surprising Facts:

I would have liked to have been a heavy equipment operator in the AF.


My Place in the Solari Family Tree: (Mic)


I was born in Wyoming, the youngest of six children, living my school years in Douglas. I joined the Solari family over 52 years ago when I married Delbe Donald, the youngest son of Emmanuel and Lucille.

Fast forward: The Air Force organization Delbe was with had a detachment located near Douglas. The small team of married and single men lived in Douglas, where we met.

Daughter Susanne was born there, Shelbe at Ladd AFB, Alaska, Stephanie at Ft. Bevoir, Virginia, and Joseph Francis II at Quantico Marine Base, Virginia. Three sons-in-law, a daughter-in-law, four grand'sons, five grand'daughters, and one grand'son-in-law completes the family.

My Greatest Joys:

family, friends, and my church

My Goals for the Year:

If I'd made any there would be:
1. make a realistic list of things to do
2. finish more than I don't finish
3. exercise more

3 Surprising Facts About Me:

I was born on a farm, I worked on a ranch one summer for $15 a week!!! and while in high school, I played taps on my cornet at many hometown veteran's funerals.

No comments: