My place in the Solari Family Tree: 2nd daughter of Joe and Sue Solari- Siblings are: Dianna, Mike and Mark

My 3 Greatest Joys:
Family
Friends
Health and ability to travel
My 3 Biggest Goals for the Year:
Get my house organized and decluttered
Have my floors tiled
Have time for travel to see family
3 Surprising Facts about Me:
Love to laugh
Favorite musical groups are: Journey, Michael W. Smith and Third Day
and I have gotten to meet members of these groups personally.
Love to travel to tropical places - i.e. Mexico, Cabo, and Caribbean.
This can also include on a cruise ship.
Hello Family!!
This summer just swept by but it was full of fun events - with beginnings and endings. The summer started out at the end of May with my week long stay at Cabo San Lucas. I took my friend from Habitat and she and I had a great week with much relaxing and hanging out with
friends.
The week I got back, Julianna Boulter and Nicole Ashby arrived for the summer. Mom left for Cabo (after picking up her new trailer in Utah) so Julianna, Nicole and I spent some time together as they interviewed for new jobs. We took care of animals and houses while Mark & Terri and Mom vacationed.
In July, we prepared for Kyle's big #1 birthday knowing that Melodee's family was planning on the big surprise of coming into Midland for the birthday. Melodee was really surprised and we spent some wonderful time together with family and of course celebrating Kyle's birthday. Melodee also planned a garage sale before their move to Miami and we were all able to sell some "treasures" and clean out our houses. The end of July was sad saying goodbye to Mel, Stephen and Kyle as they moved on to a new chapter in their life in Miami. The thing that kept me going was knowing they would be back in September for my birthday.
In August, we took Mom's new trailer on its maiden voyage to Pala Dura Canyon to see the play "Texas". We had a good time, but it was not like camping in Colorado or Utah. Then we started saying goodbye to everyone. Julianna and Nicole headed back to Utah, Rachael off to college at A&M so there went our social life and having nieces around to hang with. I was really feeling the empty nest. I feel so blessed though that I had the summer with everyone and I know they are all on their way to do great things.
September was the big month with the big Birthday. It worked out that Dee, Julianna, Melodee and Kyle, and the Austin Solaris were all coming for the party. We were going to have our picture made but Hurricane Ike kept the Austin Solaris from coming. We missed them but had a big surprise when Cousin Joe showed up to help celebrate the big birthday. What a blessing to see him. I had my party at a friend's house, with inflatable games and lots of food. Dee, Mark and Julianna all sang in church the next day, so it was truly a celebration. We had a great
weekend with everyone here. Turning 50 has not been so bad!!!
October started out with a quick trip to Albuquerque with my good friend Mary for a Journey concert. This was one of my favorite groups in the 80's and I even won a contest when I lived in Dallas to go bowling with them. My friend Mary was supposed to come to that concert with me but couldn't so 25 years later, God provided a way for us to see them again. We had a great time at the outdoor amphitheater in the pouring rain singing along to all the old songs. We even had time in "Madrid, New Mexico" where they filmed the movie "Wild Hogs". It is a wonderful art
community with lots to see. So a quick weekend trip was full of fun! At the end of October, Mom and I are headed out to Cancun for a week with Auntie Mare and Uncle Larry. I am so excited to get away and to see the Hudack's. I am so looking forward to that trip and just relaxing.
I am not sure what plans I will have for Thanksgiving and Christmas but I know it will be fun.
Hope this finds everyone healthy and much love is being sent your way.
Love,
Deb
No comments:
Post a Comment