We hope this finds everyone happy and healthy.
Piper graduated from Junior Kindergarten (preschool) on June 10. She is so excited to turn 5 years old and start Kindergarten in August. It is really amazing to see her growth, development, and maturity in 9 short months of the school year. Her teachers provided us with a book of her name-writing from each month of the school year. They also interviewed her about her favorite parts of school and wrote down all her answers. So sweet!
Finley just turned 2 years old on June 2. She started going to Piper's school two weeks ago and they both love it! Piper has begged us to let Fin go to her school so we thought it would be fun for them to experience school together over the summer. It will be a great transition period for Finley. Finley is a little parakeet right now. She repeats EVERYTHING we say and do! She learns so much faster with Piper teaching her. She wants to do anything and everything Piper does. Finley's favorite things to do are sing, read, and color.
We have the girls at school Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On those 3 days I work and tackle the endless home project list with Joe. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we take the girls to the local "Pump It Up" (a warehouse FULL of bounce houses) for little guys play time or to the library for song and reading time. We also swim as much as possible. The pool cover has kept the water a really nice temperature. Piper has become quite a good swimmer and Finley wants to swim on her own so bad! We gave up on paying for swim lessons. Since I used to teach swim lessons I know what to do and how to do it...so we just work on those things at home in our own pool for free! :)
Joe is on summer hiatus from the Disney Channel show he was working on (Zeke and Luther) and we are really praying that Season 3 comes through. It sounds as though it will but we never know until the contract is signed! Joe has enjoyed being on a regular show that has him home on weekends. Summer is a nice time for him to work on other things and maybe be a little more creative with his time. As I mentioned above, we have a LONG list of home projects to tackle so Joe is ready to knock some of those out.
I am still working on the photography business (http://www.solariphotography.com) and really loving every minute of it. I am also still doing a lot of learning by attending workshops, conferences, and working with a small photography class at different shoots. It is fun to meet and work with other photographers because photography can be a lonely profession at times. Last week I did a bridal portrait shoot and there was a bride in her wedding dress riding a horse for the photos. Pretty amazing stuff. I put most of the everyday shoots I do on our blog and facebook page (http://solariphotography.blogspot.com or http://www.facebook.com/solariphotography). I am in the process of shooting a project on female surfers of ALL ages and of ALL skill levels. It fascinates me that surfing lures girls/women of so many different backgrounds and circumstances and in some cases it is their only commonality. Anyway, I am very excited about the project and I even have a couple women lined up to photograph when we are in Florida for the reunion. I've also been making sterling silver and handstamped jewelry. It has been such an amazing creative outlet for me in addition to photography. I plan to sell the jewelry at some point. Some of the stuff I have made is at http://www.wendisolari.com.
We cannot WAIT to see those of you going to the reunion in Florida. The girls are so excited to see their cousins and extended family. I can't wait to swim in the bath-water ocean! Our ocean water is still in the low to mid 60's (burr)!
We hope that you all have a FUN and blessed summer. See you in a couple weeks!!!
Love,
Joe, Wendi, Piper, and Finley Solari
{the So Cal Solaris}!
No comments:
Post a Comment