Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sue's News

Hi all you Sentinel Readers,

Greetings from Midland , Texas . What a year so far. I started my traveling in March when I went to Florida to visit with Mel, Stephen and Kyle. Mel and Kyle came here first for a visit and I was able to fly to Florida with them. They have such a nice place and it was fun to go to the beach with Kyle.

Then it was off to Satellite Beach for Katy’s wedding. What fun to see the Florida gang. Mike Solari flew in for the festivities, also. I celebrated my 75th birthday there. Unfortunately I didn’t feel really well and when I got back, I was in bed for four days with the flu. Luckily no one else seemed to get it. Mark, Terri and Deb gave me a wonderful birthday party after I got well. April flew by and then in May I went to San Antonio with Jane for a convention.On May 23, I flew to Utah for Emmy’s graduation. On Sunday I got to go see the MoTab do a patriotic concert. Monday Mike had us all up at 5:30 A.M. to go fishing. I caught the two biggest fish! Then we took them home and Mike barbecued them. YUM! On Wednesday the whole gang got together for dinner in honor of Emmy. I didn’t get to stay for the actual ceremony since I had to get home.

I came home, washed my clothes and flew to Austin the next day. On the 30th Kelly, Olivia and I flew to Cabo. We overlapped Terri and Deb for one day so we at least got to go out to dinner. We had a great time. Kelly and Olivia snorkeled, zip lined and rode horses. She celebrated her 13th birthday on Friday and she was able to swim with the dolphins. We took her out to dinner and I think she had a great day. Then it was home on Saturday. I came home on Monday to try to get back in the real world. I am going camping in few weeks but after that I hope to be home. We are looking forward to a visit from Jules in July. Hope everyone is having a great summer. Congratulations to all the graduates. Hope to see you sometime this year.

Love, Sue

No comments: