Dear Sentinel Readers
Can’t remember where we left off so I’ll start with Christmas. Deb and I drove to Utah to be with the Boulter Bunch. We didn’t have any trouble with the roads, but the next day it started to snow, and we enjoyed a white Christmas. I discovered that I would not do well in a cold climate. You have to get up early and start your car and then scrape the ice off your windows and watch where you are walking so as not to fall. I must admit it is beautiful. It was fun to be with everyone and a great time was had by all. It was especially fun because Kyle was there. He loved all his toys. We left for home on the 29th and Deb drove all the way (16 hours). It was a long drive, but we were glad to get home without incident.
My gourmet dinner club met at my house on New Year's Eve. It was great fun since we all brought our traditions. I did turkey and dressing, and they brought the rest. We had 14 people. We even lasted until midnight and then had champagne and black eyed peas.
January started with a bang with meetings of all the groups I am in. I kept a young man from Kansas who came for the National Young Artists contest for our symphony. There were young people from all over the U.S. It was fun to listen to them. A Clarinetist won. She will come back and play with our symphony next January.
Then 2 weeks later four of us (Bea Cooper, Jane Samples, Maridell Fryar and I) went to Dallas. We left Friday and got there in time to go to a wonderful soufflé restaurant. We then went back to our motel and played bridge. We got up Saturday and went shopping at the Mall and then on to the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum. That night we went to a fondue restaurant and then went back and played bridge. Sunday we went to a crazy restaurant (Dick’s Last Resort) for brunch and then on to the Dallas opera Robert Devereux. It was fantastic and we really enjoyed it. Then we went to dinner at P.F. Changs and yes we went back and played bridge.
The next weekend was the annual Habitat Tool Box Bash. It was great fun but lots of work. Then Sunday morning Maridell and I flew to California to help Larry work on his book. It was great fun and they treated us like royalty. Now I am trying to catch up and looking forward to traveling to Florida in March to see the Coopers and then on to Kate’s wedding.
Hope everyone is doing well and taking good care of themselves. I look forward to seeing all of you this year.
Love, Sue Solari
No comments:
Post a Comment