We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve/Day. All three were amazing for us.
The beginning of November brought us a visit from Gran, Aunt Shel, and Aunt Steph in honor of Finley and Piper's baptism. It was great to have them here for such a special occasion and to see Fin for the first time. Piper loved all the girl attention!
Christmas was even quieter. We opted to stay home this year and let Finley and Piper experience Christmas morning in our house. Santa brought Piper what she asked for. I guess he figured she deserved it as she was brave enough to YELL her requests to him from a distance after refusing to sit on his lap 3 times! See the Santa photo....that was the 3rd time visiting Santa...after a candy bribe...still no lap! The day after Christmas my parents came out to stay for a few days. We went to the snow one day and we all had a blast. Finley was a sport in the cold. Joe and I got a day of snowboarding in at the local Mt. Baldy. So much fun.


On New Years Eve we turned in early but Joe was kept up by a nearby party. He woke me at midnight and I immediately fell back to sleep! New Years Day we got up early and headed for the mountains again. We enjoyed another fun snow day.
Since October Joe has been working on a tv series called "Zeke & Luther". It will be on the new Disney Channel called Disney XD. It sure has been nice having him home on weekends and having a steady paycheck. Joe turns the big four-oh this year...youngest looking 40 year old I have ever seen. Good genes!
I am constantly fine-tuning my job as a mommy of two, which I still insist is night and day from just one child! I love watching the relationship and love between our two girls develop and grow every day. I hope they have this close relationship their entire lives.
I am still working for a retail brokerage team at CB Richard Ellis (commercial real estate). As you can imagine, retail commercial real estate has been hit pretty hard with the state of the economy. This is the time that we get more creative than ever with our marketing as well as look for new opportunities among the rubble.
I was ecstatic and enthralled with the presidential election as well as the inauguration. I found it to be amazing as I watched history being made. I am overwhelmed with optimism, truly happy about the future, and glad that the past is in the past.


Piper is 3 1/2 years old and has been in pre-school since September. She is learning so much and seems to have made some good friends. Whenever we ask her what she did at school she always responds, "read in the book center"...good answer! She also takes Gymnastics class and has been in that since she was 18 months old. As long as she likes it, we will keep going! She talks a lot about dance so we may have to check into dance class soon. Piper is a wonderful big sister, very witty, energetic, and talks non-stop at a mile-a-minute!
Finley is 8 months (on Feb 2) and recently started babbling "ma-ma's" and "da-da's". It should be no time at all before she can keep up with Piper! She is not much interested in crawling at this point but she loves to stand with our help or while in her "exersaucer." She is sleeping 12 hours at night with one feeding in the middle of the night. She is about 18 pounds and we are never worried that she is starving! Finley believes that Piper golden. She watches her big sister intently and smiles at everything she does or says! It really is the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
We hope this finds everyone healthy and happy. We hope the year ahead proves to be one full of blessings.
Love,
Joe, Wendi, Piper, and Finley Solari

No comments:
Post a Comment