
February 2009
Howdy, all you Sentinel readers! I hope all y'all are doing fine. I can't believe how fast time flies and how far hehind I get. But, that's one of the reasons I'm SO grateful for the Sentinel so we can catch up on everybod's "comings & goings"! (Thanks for keeping it going, Melodee!)
We had a wonderful & busy holiday season. We were able to fly Mom out for the Mo Tab Christmas concerts with Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward Hermann. I didn't get to see much of her because of the concerts & filming for the PBS special, but I think she had a great time with Mike! After the concert weekend, she flew back to Midland, and we headed to Southern California the next weekend. It was just a quick "Christmas" trip to Disneyland, so that's all we did. (We'll have to go back sometime when we can actually visit family!)
It was great to have Bryan and Lacie with us as well as to have Brandon take some time off from studying at Law School. We had lots of good times, so wet, rainy times, some wild rides, some good food, and some hotel stories to add to the Boulter Family Lore. The really good news is that we did NOT have any bad vehicle stories-the Suburban ran great the whole trip-YEA!We got home Christmas Eve to find Mel, Stephen, and Kyle already there (having flown in from Florida two days before) and Grama Sue and Auntie Deb on their way there, driving from Texas. So it was a wonderful FULL house! It was so nice to be together. And we got a BIG snowstorm on Christmas Day-lots of snow for Kyle to play in.
I was able to "convince" my children to sing "Be Still, My Soul" together in church that Sunday, so that was a highlight for me. Mom and Deb had to leave on Monday, but the Coopers got to stay through the next week which gave me lots of time to be Granna-I loved it!Then we kind of went into "hibernation" for a few weeks with lots of snow, ice, inversions, and cold. But joyfully, Mike and I were able to do a Florida Getaway last week and "thaw out." We had a GREAT time being with Mel, Stephen, and Kyle and getting to go to the Everglades, Key Biscayne, Hollywood Beach, and eating lots of fresh fish!




(Check out Mel's blog for the best report on our trip!)
So now we're back to the snow and cold, but at least it's not January anymore-spring is just around the corner! The next thing we have is Mark and the "girls" coming for a ski trip in March so that will be fun.
We're looking forward to Emmy in West Side Story in April and then her graduation at the end of May (Woo-hoo-we're almost done with the public school system!) She will go on a New York trip in June with her high school Drama Club. And she's working on scholarships and financial aid and trying to decide where to go to college. So, she's got a lot on her plate. Hopefully, the rest of the kids have sent a Sentinel "entry", but if not, just check out Facebook for their info!
The only thing on the horizon right now is the Tabernacle Choir tour in June. We're kind of doing a Midwestern Tour: Cincinnati, St. Louis, Des Moines, Omaha, Kansas City, Norman, OK, and Denver-Red Rocks. If any of you are going to be around those cities in June, try to come to a concert! It makes it so much more fun for me if I know somebody in the audience!
So, that's it for now. Know that the Boulter Bunch think of you all and we wish you well!


No comments:
Post a Comment