Happy 2009! The holidays were spent on the road attending soccer tournaments before and after Christmas. We did enjoy a nice relaxing Christmas Day - went to Steph's for dinner and saw the movie Marley & Me (we have decided that we own the female version of Marley). I am embarrassed to admit that our tree is still up - Kurt thinks I should just leave it up and be ahead of the game for next year! I could, since we never use the living room.
Soccer seems to encompass our lives at the moment. We are in the middle of high school soccer - Greg's team won 6A Districts again and are headed into Regionals this week. He clanked heads with a teammate in the District final and ended up with a gash in the side of his head. Didn't want stitches, so it ended up being glued together. Not pretty! Made for a good article in the paper, though. He is still undecided about which college to attend - he hasn't yet found the perfect fit with soccer and his major. I have a feeling that his major will win out and he may try to just walk on. He's leaning toward Engineering or Pre-Med.

Taylor is so busy with school, dance and her social life that I feel like I need to make an appointment to catch up with her. She could use one extra day in the week just to sleep. She is beginning to look at colleges and has her sights set on out of state. She is also interested in Engineering and would like to continue with her studies in Spanish.
Kurt is busy, busy, busy at work. In these economic times, I guess that is a good thing. He did get to take a little break and attend an acoustic Bryan Adams concert with me, which we both really enjoyed. He was torn on who to root for during the Super Bowl - has always loved the Steelers, but thinks Kurt Warner is a class act. I'm not a huge football fan, but I have to admit it was an exciting game.
The weather has been beautiful with just a few cold snaps. We're trying to finish up some landscaping that we started about five years ago. We never could decide what to put in, so the grass would re-grow, we'd kill it again, it would re-grow - you get the picture. We finally made an agreement with some friends - Kurt helped them put up some crown molding in exchange for her expertise in landscaping. Hopefully we will be done in time for Greg's graduation. If not, we may put guests to work spreading mulch.
We hope everyone is doing well. Come see us if you're in the area!
Love,
Shel, Kurt, Greg and Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment