Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sue's News

Greetings

    As usual I always complain that time goes too fast.  I can't believe it is already October.  This year I have not done much traveling but time seemed to pass by as I was watching.  In May it was Rachael's graduation from A & M. In June Mark and Terri took the girls to Italy.  While in Venice, Rachael's boyfriend and family flew to Venice and he proposed.  They are planning to be married on June 1, 2013.  Deb and I went to Cabo for a week.  Great weather and lots of fun in the sun and eating.  I sweated my way across June and July with a quick trip to Mark and Terri's lake house over the July 6 weekend.  I helped with the MS150 a 150 mile bike ride to benefit MS.  Mark, Terri, the girls and Terri's dad and brothers family all took part.  The temperature was HOT but they all made it.
I have been busy with all my groups but in June I became Vice President of the Midland-Odessa Symphony and Chorale.  I will be president next year!  How crazy am I.  I worked out at the symphony office with tickets as this is our first year in our new performing arts center and our 50 year anniversary. 
    I just made a visit to Temple to Scott and White for a physical.  The doctor told me I take good care of myself.  Then  he asked me what I do all day.  After I stopped laughing he said I must be doing something right.  I lost my good friend Paul Friemel this summer.  Deb and I were able to be with Mary for a few days.
    It has been fun watching all the kids grow up.  It has been great to have Eric and Emmie here in Midland while Eric goes to school.  Deb has changed jobs and is so much happier in her new job.  We both keep active with our church.  I am looking forward to Fall and cooler weather and also the holidays.  Hope this finds you all well and happy.  Hope we can all can get together again sometime soon.

Love, Sue Solari

No comments: