Hi Sentinel Readers,
Here I go trying to catch up. April was a great month with a trip to Utah to attend Brandon's graduation from BYU Law School and then the wedding of Matt and Nicole. I also got to meet my new great granddaughter Paisley. A great time was had by all. The in May we went to San Marcos for Michelle's graduation from Texas State. The middle of the month I went to Berkeley, California for my 60th high school reunion. It was great fun and I thought we were all in pretty good shape. They didn't ask how far we came or how many grandchildren we had just how many operations we had had! I got home with a day to spare and I washed clothes and repacked my suitcase and left for Cabo to spend a week with Deb . Much fun. I was home for the next 3 months. Midland has been HOT . Thank heavens for Mark and Terri's pool. We have had more 100 degree days than we have ever had. We are also running out of water and can only water 2 days a week. It looks so bad but the oil industrty is going great guns. We have the lowest unemployment in the state of Texas.
We had Olivia come and stay 2 weeks and had a great time. Mike and Kelly went to Cabo. Now Emmie and Eric have now moved to Midland so that Eric can attend Midland College. We are so excited to have them here. On the 17th Brian, Lacie and Paisley will come for a few days. Then on the 22nd my favorite rock group Styx is appearing here in Midland. The next day I fly to California to see Mare and Larry and gang. The day after I get back Jules will come for a week Now that Fall is here all my groups are starting up again. We are opening our new performing arts center in November so that will be fun. That will be the new home of the Midland-Odessa Symphony and Chorale. In November I will be going to San Francisco with my friend Maridell. She has 3 sisters and they have a sister's weekend every year and this year they are meeting in San Francisco. They are going to adopt me since I don't have any sisters. We are planning to attend 3 operas and eat our way across the city. My friend Linda Christian and I are planning a 50th birthday party for Mark and two of her kids. It will be on November 19th and you are all invited to attend.
I hope you all had a great summer and look forward to this Fall.
Hope you all had a great summer. I look forward to the Fall and hope the weather will cool down. I look forward to hearing all about your doings. Stay well.
Love, Texas Sue
No comments:
Post a Comment