Monday, March 1, 2010

Matt and Kristen

Hello to everyone. Well let me start with the kids because they are the ones with all the activities. Riley finished up his Football season as a Freshman. The team ended up being co-league champions. Riley played left guard, some linebacker, defensive end and all the special teams. For those of you who know football and have seen the movie "The Blind Side" he is no Michael Oher yet but continues to work on it. My thoughts are that the gene pool won't get him there but that will be fine. He kept his grades up over a 4.0 and was named a scholar athlete at the end of the season. Two days after Football he started training for Lacrosse and has been doing really well. He just finished a tournament this past weekend and got a chance to play on the JV team. In lacrosse he is a crease defender and on JV he played a long stick middie. We continue to pray for and count our blessing because he has been named to play on an All County Team this summer. This team is part of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He will have a chance to travel and play games back east where college scouts view the teams playing. School work is going good and the high school social life is picking up a bit. He continues to be involved with church groups and BCSL (boys community service league).
Kate is also trying to juggle a busy schedule. She just finished up All Star soccer where her team won area playoffs and moved on to sectionals. In sectionals they finished 4th. It was a nice accomplishment for her because there were over 500 teams that competed during the last 2 months to get to that point. She loved making the all stars because she finally got a chance to put an all star sticker on the back of Kristen's car to accompany the ones Riley has on the back. She has continued her dancing and is hoping that around June she will have a chance to go on pointe. Her school work has been great and we now have a little competition in the house with GPA's.
Kristen and I are very proud of the kids and all they are doing, juggling, and more importantly accomplishing. As for Kristen and myself I would almost say that it has been status quo. She has been doing Tennis and playing taxi driver with the kids activities. I know all of that is important but I must tell you that she is also a fabulous nurse. Yes we had a little health hick-up back in November with me. I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer back in September and in November I had surgery to remove the Prostate. During the first week of recovery I could not have asked for a better nurse than Kristen. She was there helping me every minute while continuing to get everything else around the house done and keeping the kids moving forward with school and sports. She was great and it is another reason why I am so blessed to have such a wonderful wife. All of my labs, reports etc are great. My margins are clear and I have no side affects.
So for now we are doing the same old stuff. Work is fine and I think every one is glad that 2009 is over. God Bless everyone and we look forward to reading what is happening in your lives.
Matt, Kristen, Riley and Kate.

No comments: