Life continues to zoom by-I can’t believe that February is over! I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas. We enjoyed our time together~I especially loved getting to spend more time with my family at home than driving back & forth to Salt Lake for Tabernacle Choir rehearsals and concerts. It was the first time in 15 years that I wasn’t totally stressed out at Christmas time!
But the best part of our holidays happened on December 29-that’s when Matt returned home from his mission in Guatemala! He came back to cold & snow and has had to try & warm up for 2 months…But he is doing well. Grama Sue got to come up at the end of January to hear him speak in church so that was fun. He’s working at a different JCW’s restaurant than Emmy & Bryan, but seems to be enjoying it. (Hey, it’s a job, right?) He is trying to get a video production company together and trying to save up for film school. (We really need to get him with Joe Solari very soon….)
Julianna has been teaching all-level music at a private school this year and doing very well. She’s also composing & arranging music and hopes to score some of Matt’s films when he gets to that!
Bryan & Lacie continue to keep busy with work & school AND their 2 cute doggies. They love to come to our house because “Gramps” always has food for them!’
Brandon continues on in his 2nd year of BYU Law School. He’s also a TA for a professor and an editor for the Law Review. He just took an internship for part of the summer in Las Vegas with the US District Court Judge that will last through June & then he’ll look for a “rest-of-the-summer” job. (Anybody got some good offers?J)
Mike is still unemployed-there are construction jobs out there, but no financing right now. So he’s done odd jobs here & there, done lots of home repair projects, been working on the Fiat & VW Bus(not done yet!), and listening to a lot of talk radio! We’re really hopeful that things will start happening with spring coming.
I have been really busy at my work with the new semester beginning AND we lost two fulltime secretaries. But I’m truly grateful for the job. I’m also really busy with church work. People ask me what I’m doing with “all my free time” now that I’m not in Tab Choir. Well, I haven’t been able to find much free time!!!! Right now I’m really looking forward to going to Florida in April when Melodee has her baby. I’m glad I can go & help out-PLUS I really need a “Kyle” fix since I haven’t seen him since July!
We are also getting really excited about coming out to Florida in June. We hope to see everybody out there!! Have a great Spring! Lots of love, Dee, Mike, and the Boulter Bunch
No comments:
Post a Comment