Hi from Texas,
I can't remember when the last Sentinel was mailed (senior moment) so I will just begin with Christmas.
It was great fun but went by too fast. We enjoyed the visits of the Cooper family both going and
coming from Utah. Then in January we had a visit from the Newlyweds (Emmie and Eric).
I had a party to introduce them to my friends. In February it was the annual Tool Box Bash for
Habitat for Humanity which was a big success. In March Maridell Fryar and I flew to Dallas for
the opera Romeo and Juliet, It was fantastic. It had beautiful sets and Romeo had a great voice
and he wasn't bad to look at either. I may be old but I'm not dead! On April 2, Maridell, Jane,
Bea and I are going to Dallas to see 2 operas back to back, shop and play bridge. I keep busy with
lots of meetings. I am in charge of fund raising for the Midland-Odessa Symphony and Chorale so
I am getting letters out and writing thank you notes. I am also in the midst of trying to sell my trailer
since I can't seem to find anyone to travel with me. Terri is president of the board of Safe Place,
a home for battered women and children and we are looking forward to their annual fashion show
fund raiser next week. Deb and I went to San Antonio over my birthday to see Paul and Mary Friemel.
I worked for Paul for many years and they are two of my best friends. We had a ball eating our way
across San Antonio and we saw a great movie Grace Card. Much Fun. On April 18th Deb and I fly to
Utah for Matt and Nicole's wedding and Brandon's graduation from law school. Should be great fun..
In May I am flying to California for my 60th high school reunion. I have been giving them a bad time
since it is only a luncheon. I keep saying - I am flying to California for a luncheon! Surely we can
get together some other time too. I hope to be able to give a luncheon for some of my old friends. I am
now trying to diet to see if I can get into some of my old summer clothes. Since a few of my friends have
married old high school sweethearts, my friends keep asking me if I plan to look around. I tell them
I don't have time to train one and besides most of them are still married.
Deb, Mark and Terri are all doing well. Midland is like living in a bubble. We have the lowest
unemployment in Texas and oil is one hundred dollars a barrel and they are drilling everywhere. They
have a hard time keeping help in the restaurants since they can work in the oil field for big bucks. Michelle
graduates from Texas State in May and is going to Oregon again to work. Rachael will be working in
Houston and will be a senior in the fall. Deb is busy with work and church. We are hoping that Emmie
and Eric will be joining us in Midland in the summer. Eric will be starting school at Midland College in the Fall.
Hope all of you are well and busy. I keep remembering the reunion last June and what fun we had.
Take care and keep well. I heard a saying a our Women's Retreat a few weeks ago that I have adopted
as my theme - I'm so blessed I won't get distressed.
Love, Sue Solari
No comments:
Post a Comment