Hi ,
Greetings from Midland , Texas . It seems like forever since I have written. My summer was very slow and easy – enjoying the wonderful weather and just relaxing. Then September arrived and everything started up again. All the organizations that I belong to seemed to be meeting at the same time – but it was fun to see everyone. I have been writing grants for the Midland Opera Theater and that seems to take up a great deal of my time. It has paid off since we have received money from all the ones I contacted. I was able to spend 4 days in the mountains in Ruidoso with Terri and friends in July and it was fun to shop, eat and just relax. We even gambled and I made $2.25! Mark and Terri have adopted two new puppies and I have really enjoyed taking care of my grand dogs (a female King Charles spaniel named Copper and a male miniature Australian Sheep dog named Foster). They are so cute, but it’s like having a new baby. I helped take care of them when Mark and Terri went to Italy in September to celebrate their 25th anniversary. Mark and Terri are building a cabin at Lake Brownwood, so I am looking forward to seeing it. Deb is working hard, but I manage to see her often. We have been taking a course at church called Outflow and last Sunday when it ended about 30 groups of people went out to do random acts of kindness. Deb was our leader and we took 100 bags of goodies (money and soap to do a load of laundry, shower gel and candy and other goodies) to the dorms at Midland College . Others went to a gas station and sold gas for $1.99 and others went and washed car windows at gas stations. Others went to nursing homes and sang and took goodies and lots of other neat things. It was great!
Fall weather has arrived and it is so nice. Next weekend Terri, Deb, and I are going to Lubbock to the A & M –Tech game. Mark won’t go since he says the people in Lubbock are rude to A & M (sound familiar Stephen and Mel). Then Sunday Maridell Fryar and I are going to Dallas to the opera in the new opera house. In November Mark, Terri and I are going to A & M to the Baylor game and take the trailer. Should be fun! Haven’t made plans for Thanksgiving yet so will just take it a day at a time. Mark and Terri and her whole family are going to the new Dallas Cowboy stadium for the Tech-Baylor game on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
In December the Midland Opera Theater is planning a big concert with Susan Graham (a world renowned mezzo soprano from Midland ) who is coming to town to perform for us. It will be at my church and we are having a reception for her the night before. Don’t know what Christmas will bring but it is approaching too fast.
Hope all of you are well! I am so blessed with good health and am trying to keep it that way. I will look forward to getting together with all of you in 2010. Have a blessed holiday season coming up!
Love, Sue Solari
P.S. Love Melodee and Stephen’s blog. It is such fun to keep up with Kyle. Wish you best of luck on your photography, Wendi and Joe.
No comments:
Post a Comment